I got this tasty treat from the Aroma Tools blog.
Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Servings: 2 cups
- Time: 10 minutes active; 2 hours inactive
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup fruit of choice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 drop citrus essential oil (lemon, orange, lime, etc.)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (about 1 Tbsp.)
- Prepare a cookie sheet by placing parchment paper on the sheet (if the paper tends to roll, add small weights to the corners).
- Place fruit in a food processor, and blend to desired consistency.
- Mix fruit, yogurt, and essential oil together in a small bowl.
- Place orange juice in a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the liquid. Let sit for a minute. Place saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes or until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Immediately whisk the orange juice into the fruit and yogurt mix.
- Pour the yogurt mix into a plastic bag. Cut a small piece off a corner of the bag, and pipe the yogurt onto the prepared cookie sheet in bite-sized increments.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for a couple hours. Once frozen, quickly peel the yogurt bites off the cookie sheet and place them in a plastic freezer bag. Keep the yogurt bites frozen until you are ready to serve them, as they will start to melt after 10 minutes.
Note: The orange juice gelatin mixture is optional, but adding the gelatin helps the yogurt bites keep their shape longer. If you are giving these to younger children, adding this small amount of gelatin is especially helpful because younger children take longer to eat the yogurt bites before they thaw.
Click here for my favorite and most trusted brand of essential oils.