Okay, my salad doesn’t ever look like this, because I don’t arrange my salads to look pretty. But I love this salad. It’s one of my favorites. I usually don’t add the cheese, simply because I prefer it without, but it’s still good with.
I prefer basil fresh from the garden, but you can get it from the store. If no room for a garden, then buy a plant and put it on the windowsill. Same with tomatoes. Anyway, here’s the recipe:
Tomato and Basil Salad
- 2 cups of fresh basil, washed and torn
- 1 container of cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, torn (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 toothpick Basil essential oil
- 10 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey
When I say one toothpick, it means stick your toothpick into the essential oil bottle and swirl it into the olive oil. If a recipe calls for more than one toothpick, use clean toothpicks for each one so as not to contaminate the essential oil.
To learn which brand of essential oils I trust, click here!